Lisa Neal Gualtieri, Ph.D has emailed to let me know about this interesting course Tuft’s is offering:
Enroll in the Tufts Summer Institute on Web Strategies for Health Communication, http://webstrategiesforhealth.com/, to learn how you can help healthcare organizations develop and implement Web strategies to drive the success of their online presence. Healthcare organizations are faced with an ever evolving choice of Web technologies that make it challenging to create a coherent and justifiable Web strategy. At the Tufts Summer Institute, you will learn how to select, use, manage, and evaluate the effectiveness of Web technologies for health communication.
Learn from Tufts faculty and distinguished guest speakers how to:
• Use the Web to communicate with and connect to patients.
• Develop a coherent and justifiable Web strategy for health communication.
• Select and manage Web 2.0 technologies to create a Web presence that provides a rich user experience.
• Accelerate your online presence through the use of social media sites and tools such as Facebook, twitter, ning, and WordPress.
• Employ research-based methodologies such as persona development and formative evaluation to increase the effectiveness and reduce the risk of Web development projects.
• Learn the best practices employed by leading health Web sites including WebMD.com, MayoClinic.com, CDC.gov, TuDiabetes.com, WeightWatchers.com, Livestrong.org, CureTogether.com, Roadback.org, and ABC News Health.
Web Strategies for Health Communication runs July 19-24, 2009. The course meets at the Tufts University School of Medicine campus in Boston from Sunday, July 19, from 5-8 p.m. and on Monday-Friday, July 20-24, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. It is offered through the Health Communication Program at Tufts University School of Medicine.
Enroll in the Summer Institute at http://webstrategiesforhealth.com/. Registration costs $900 before June 19 and $1000 after.